Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas shopping


I had a few items to pick up at lunchtime today. One of them being a laminated print from Costco. Horrors! The parking lot was insane! I'm glad I only had to go to the photodesk to pickup and not do any shopping in that place. The thought of the long lines of people at the checkout with their trolleys piled high with "stuff" made me shudder.
Next stop Canadian Tire. I wanted to find a pair of winter boots for Paul. Not a great selection, but I fond a pair which promised warmth down to -40C. That'll do, I thought. Picked up 3 toblerones on the way to the cash. Then came the lunchtime treat. Poutine from Glen's Chip van. He makes the best chips in the area. Mmmm.
Chips eaten, I then went to the shoe shop to ask about replacing a zip in my almost-new winter boots. Some one, not mentioning any names but it begins with a "P", had left the door to the shoe cupboard open allowing Ivan to sneak off with one of them. Couldn't resist calling in the "things" store next door to browse the kitchen items. Didn't buy anything for myself, but would love one of those gaggia coffee machines..

No comments: