Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve, and I'm at work :-(
It rained all yesterday and washed away a lot of the snow. Then it froze overnight so it's very slippy out. Flurries threatened for this afternoon. That's all we need. Snow on top of ice.
It's lunchtime now so I'm off to the Barley Mow to stuff my face.
Later..
So much for that idea. A pub closed on Christmas Eve! What sort of country is this? At home in England it would be standing room only and you'd have to book a couple of months in advance for food in the evening!
Went to the vietnamese restaurant in the same block instead. Still ate loads. Chicken chop suey. ~burp~
Oh, it's snowing lots now. I'd better leave before the shops shut. Still a few things to get yet - like something for Catherine's boyfriend, Alan, and something for Matthew's girlfriend, Tristan. Paul just dropped that one on me.

No comments: